Salli and her team will identify where you child has fallen behind and implement a plan to erase learning loss so your family can relax this summer!
Scroll down to 1) Enroll. Scroll a little more to 2) Schedule a listening call with Salli.
First, an experienced Credentialed Teacher (Education Consultant)
Next, a dynamic and engaging Academic Mentor+Motivator is
1. Connecting: Our Founder/Director, Ms. Salli, won't say this herself, but we have yet to meet a student that doesn't love her. And the talented staff she recruits. She is living proof that teachers who love kids and teaching "just because" are born, not made. Salli will introduce you and your student to the Academy with a tour and a sit-down discussion to work out a game plan towards academic success, and we hope, a happier family.
2. 360-Degree Student Discovery Process: We believe improving grades and encouraging a love of learning starts with listening to both student and parent as well as the keen observation that only comes with years of experience. Discovering the keys to sparking motivation and building confidence in your student is an ongoing process that we are committed to.
3. Tools: We choose the most appropriate assessment tools for your child from among a menu of the latest, teacher-endorsed resources, including tools for non-readers, paper computer-based and more.
4. Results/Plan/Tutor: Based on the assessment results and input from the classroom teacher (school visits are optional), we will propose a Learning Success Plan. Based on the personality of the student, the conversation with a parent or teacher, and the observations/results from the assessment, Salli will recommend an Academic Mentor. When we say propose, we want to accommodate parent/guardian preferences. We advise, parents decide.
5. Study/Organizational Skills: Depending on the age of the student, we ascertain via a written diagnostic (L:ASSI) and through an interview, needed improvements in HOW your student spends class time, takes notes, does homework, prepares for tests and whether not and how they are organized. Improvements are either addressed in separate modules, some of which parents attend or integrated into regular tutoring sessions.
All our Tutors are well-qualified and experienced, with a demonstrated gift for engaging with students. While our Education Consultants who manage the 360-Degree Discovery Process are credentialed with experience, our Mentor+Motivators are typically more recent college/university graduates whom an AL Director chooses in order to match their personalities and potential to impact a specific student. If your child's assigned Tutor doesn't seem to be the perfect match, we will work to find someone who is a better fit.
Your child's Academy Learning Team, Credentialed Teacher and Mentor, faithfully implements the Learning Success Plan, communicates with the family (and school, by request from the family), and periodically provides Progress Reports to ensure the achievement of the Learning Success Plan goals.
The length of each tutoring session and the number of sessions per week varies, depending on the individual’s assessment results and the Academic Success Plan laid out by the Director and parents/guardians. Sessions are held at least once a week to provide consistency and last 60 mins for students in first through 12th grade and 30 - 60 minutes for pre-K and first graders. High school sessions can stretch to 90 or 120 mins, depending on the individual Academic Plan.
Academy Learning tutors and instructors excel in all subjects for K-12 learners. Our Tutors/Mentors have particular expertise, credentials, graduate degrees and multi-year experience in the following areas: