• Confidential Parent Advocate
• Liaison between school, teacher and home
• Accountable to parents
• Extensive knowledge of local public/private schools, teachers and standards
• Available to attend SST, IEP or other family/school meetings
• Initial and Ongoing Academic Assessments used as a baseline to identify exactly what is needed
• Factors outside of school; home, sports, extra-curricular
• Self-Knowledge Assessment; choice of peers, teacher rapport. • ALC program seen in context of long-term educational plan.
Our aim is to facilitate a collaboration between home, school, and our Academy to complement the good work already being done. ALC's philosophy recognizes parents as the primary educators of their children and the final decision-makers regarding what their children learn at ALC.
Our tutors each have a California Teaching Credential and/or several years of teaching experience. Our tutors implement the Custom Advancement Plan, communicate regularly with the family and school, and send frequent Progress Reports. The Director reviews our Tutor Profiles with each family to ensure we find the best fit.
On top of exceptional academic results, Academy Learning Centers builds the confidence, motivation, and focus truly needed to succeed in academic environments.
You don't even have to take our word for it!
The hidden costs and extra fees with most tutoring companies can be exhausting and discouraging. Academy Learning Centers is completely transparent from the beginning. We use Pike13, a software that includes visibility for clients, for our appointments and pricing.
Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of planning and time management. Build lasting habits for planning and scheduling time effectively to support college-bound goals.
Understand the importance of applying pre-reading activities to the students’ own materials.
Identify best note-taking methods that work best for the individual student.
Demonstrate understanding of importance of paraphrasing as a critical thinking skill for academic learning.